Regular practice will be held Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. These will be held at Garrison Elementary school, 1200 S St NW, Washington, DC 20009. These practices are for both new and returning players and everyone is welcome regardless of skill level. As many of you already know, we informally tend to go to The Green Lantern following practice for drinks and socializing. Anybody is welcome to come hang out even if you haven’t been to a practice.
When: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 PM
Where: Garrison Elementary school, 1200 S Street NW, WDC 20009
Check our Facebook page for any last-minute schedule adjustments.
WHAT TO BRING
The playing gear (a.k.a. Kit) is fairly simple and straight forward. You can purchase these items at many local sports shops or online rugby specialty shops. It is not necessary to spend a lot of money for these items because they will need to be replaced during your rugby career.
* Rugby shorts & shirt – or a strong, cotton short works well. Wearing a rugby shirt helps you get comfortable with wearing one. T-shirts are okay for practice.
* Mouthguard – you must purchase a mouthguard from a sporting goods store and be sure to follow the directions to conform the guard to the shape of your teeth.
* Cleats – Rugby boots are recommended, but soccer (softball) cleats are acceptable. Cleats must not contain the single “toe” cleat or hard plastic blades. Sneakers are NOT recommended. The frequent starts and stops can cause injury if you do not have proper traction.
* Water & Towel – Remember to drink lots of water before and during practice.
* Change of clothes – this comes in handy if practice gets a bit dirty since we often grab a bite afterwards at Pete’s or Green Lantern.
Garrison Elementary School
1200 S Street NW, WDC 20009